APPLICATIONS FOR THE GRANT HAVE NOW CLOSED.
About the Grant
All profits from the sale of TOM Organic female empowerment t-shirts and pouches are going towards the TOM Female Empowerment Grant. TOM Organic hopes to raise $25,000 for this Grant. Nominations are open from July 31st to September 29th. Processing of applications and judging will commence on October 2nd and winners announced via our website and social channels on October 30th.
Criteria for winning the Grant:
- The nominee can be an individual, a NFP or a company
- Needs to demonstrate an ability to empower women
- Needs to provide a clear case for how/why further empowerment would be of value
- Impact/reach of the project (number of women affected)
- A plan for what the funds would go towards should they be successful in winning the Grant and whether the funds will make a significant impact on achieving the plans outlined
- Must have a way of demonstrating the impact of the Grant
- The funds must be used within 6 months of being awarded and TOM will be contacting the winners in April 2018 to complete a follow up story.
- Nominees must be based in Australia and the women they are empowering must also be predominantly based in Australia
- Anyone can nominate someone, and we accept multiple nominations, provided a separate entry form is completed each time.
- This is a single step application process whereby this application form will constitute the majority of content in assessing the winner of the Grant. The only additional process may involve collecting more detailed information from the actual Nominee themselves if any information is missing from this application form.
- The judging process will involve a face-to-face meeting with the TOM judges, either in person or via Skype.
- If there are any questions about the application or the process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Inga on 03 8534 8030 during office hours.
- All Nominees will receive a letter of acknowledgement of their application and requiring their consent to be evaluated for the Grant. This will take place between October 2nd and replies must be received before October 5th.
- The judging process will take place between October 5th and October 30th with Nominees needing to be available for a face-to-face meeting or a Skype meeting during this time.
- Winners will be announced on October 30th.
- Follow up contact with the Grant winners will take place in early April to ensure all funds have been used as promised and content for this will be used on the TOM Organic social media channels.